Urgent call for help from Bowling Director Bill Downing
Our club, along with 23 other metropolitan clubs, will be hosting the MGA Men’s and Women’s Country Carnival in the last week of March.
We are hosting games on –
Tuesday 26th March – Men’s singles
Wednesday 27th March – Men’s pairs, Women’s pairs
We will require many volunteers to make the event a success and to showcase our club.
The following will be required for each day:
- Event Manager – Ian James
- Event Manager Assistant – 1
- Umpire – 1
- Measurer – 1
- Markers (Tuesday 26th March only) – approx. 20 across the day. There are a total of 39 Men’s singles games that day, starting at 9.30am, so we are looking for a large team of markers to work on a rotation basis until close to 4pm. Only 3 markers will be needed from 4pm.
- Set-up volunteers to prepare greens, mats & jacks, install banner flags etc – 3-4
- Kitchen team to prepare and serve lunches on each day – 4-6
- Bar volunteers – 2
If you can give up some of your time, please advise me which day, and with which task you can assist. Some roles that don’t overlap may be able to be combined, so one person could take on more than one job on a given day if they wish. And please note – you don’t have to be available for both days to be able to help out!
Bowls Director & Member Liaison Officer 2018-19
Happy Valley Bowling Club Inc
M: 0433 051 952